Thursday, May 17, 2007

Sheffield, 2007

Does anyone round here know where i can get some savaloy sausage from.I really fancy some,and the pikelet/crumpet thread got me thinking.In my home town of chatham kent the local chip shop sells savaloy.But when we moved to sheffield and i walked in chip shop asking for some they looked at me gone out.Then again in kent they don't sell mushy peas.I think it is weird how to places can seem like there two diffrent worlds.Anyway if anyone could help i would be grateful.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-174758.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No saveloys in Sheffield
No mushy peas in Kent
In Norfolk there’s no fidget pie
Or aislet south of Trent

Rock salmon, eels and liquor
Don’t swim outside the Smoke
And 6-inch oatcakes can’t be found
Much further south than Stoke


No lardy cake in Yorkshire
No curd tarts west of Goole
Here’s to the local specialties
That keep Britannia cool!

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home